20 January 2011
People keep complaining about the touch screen issues in all the reviews I've read...does anyone bother to read the manual? It clearly suggests touching with your fingernail or a stylus...I always tap, flick or drag with the back of my nail and never have any problem with the screen doing what I need it to. And of course it's not going to compare with the Ipad in terms of screen/graphics, that is rather unfair, like comparing the paint job on an inexpensive sedan with that of a Maserati. Although I find it weird that the original reviewer had such disdain over the photos...to me they looked clear and gorgeous, no surprise since Pandigital got its start in digital photo frames.

I've had the Novel for several months now with no complaints considering I paid all of $135 for it...and compared to other e-readers I've handled, it's not lacking in many respects. I have enjoyed writing emails, watching converted movies, and reading in bed with the Novel. And if you're looking for an inexpensive tablet device, it's a pretty decent one to start out with. Folks have already been hacking it to turn it into an Android tablet with good results, and its internal memory is purportedly expandable. It isn't perfect by any means but I'm wondering just how long the original reviewer handled it to come to such lukewarm conclusions.